We have put together a general information/FAQ page. Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.
1. Opening Hours: 9am – 4pm (Monday - Saturday)
2. Typhoon and/or Rainstormswarning: Our classes continue as usual for Typhoon Signal No. 1 and/or Amber Rainstorm Warnings. For Typhoon Warning Signal No.3 and up or Red/Black Rainstorm Warnings, classes will be cancelled.
Should the Typhoon Signal No.3 and up or Red/Black Rainstorm Warnings be lifted before 12pm, the centre will re-open and classes will resume approximately two (2) hours after. We will be closed for the rest of the day if these signals/warnings are lifted after 12pm. We do not replace classes affected by weather enforced cancellations.
If parents are unsure of the circumstances, please check our Webpageor Facebook. For details on weather warnings, click here for the Hong Kong Observatory warning definitions. For details on the Education Bureau's Weather Warning Guidelines, click here.
3. Class Size: Playgroup classes have up to 8 students (with guardian) while our Preschool classes have up to 16 independent students.
4. Language Used: English is the medium of communication in most programmes. Our Preschool may be running bi-lingual lessons in the future.
5.Clothing: As many of our activities involve messy play we recommend parents bring along spare clothes for themselves and the students.
6. Snacks: Toddler and Preschool class students will make snacks in the classroom. Please update the teachers of any allergies.
7.Photo-Taking: As parents ourselves, we know how it feels to want to capture every chapter/significant experience/moment of our child. Nevertheless, photo taking is highly disruptive particularly in a classroom setting, not only for the teacher but from a parent-child perspective. Hence, we instil a No Photo-Taking policy purely for the benefit of helping your child bond and engage with not only yourselves but with other children and the teacher in session.
8.Replacement Classes: Playgroups a) Playgroup students enrolled ONCE per week will be given ONE replacement class per month. b) Playgroup students enrolled MORE THAN ONCE per week will be given TWO replacement classes per month. c) ALL replacement classes are to be taken WITHIN the month, cannot be deferred and are subject to availability. d) Students unable to attend the replacement class offered will forfeit the class. e) If a student cannot attend a class for any reason, please notify the Centre Admin before the start of the class. Late or non-notification will be considered as absence and no replacement class can be offered. Preschool Currently Little Sprouts are unable to provide replacement classes for Preschool students due to operational reasons.
9.Trial Sessions: Prospective playgroup students are invited to attend a 1 hour trial session, as per the normal timetable. Trial sessions cost $100, which can be credited towards the class fee on same day enrolment.
10. Payment: Tuition fees are payable by Cash, EPS, Online Payment (E-banking) and Cheque made out to 'Catiline Child Development Education Centre'.